Using Aromatherapy Body Patches
Aromatherapy patches are an inhalation (non-dermal absorption) method of providing the benefits of essential oils. Aromatherapy patches offer numerous advantages over other traditional essential oils delivery methods.
- Are user-friendly and provide a convenient way to introduce non-users to the benefits of aromatherapy.
- Are attractive to past users of aromatherapy who may have become dissuaded from continued use of other aromatherapy delivery formats because they may have experienced skin irritations with topical applications or because they prefer a more convenient method of application.
- Body patches can be quickly applied to skin and covered by clothing; “skin free” patches are typically very small and can be discretely applied to clothing and furniture.
- Some patches are individually wrapped; others come in “bubble sheets”. Both formats are extremely portable and can fit into a pocket or purse. As well, they meet all airport security requirements and will not cause delays in screening (can be transported with carry-on or checked baggage).
- long lasting. Depending upon the particular patch construction and volume, individual patches can deliver benefits from 8 – 12 hours.
- Require no special storage. The patches’ external packaging is explicitly designed to protect the patch from damage through handling and exposure to sunlight and the protective outer layer of the patch provides further protection to the oils infused in the inner patch fabric.
A number of suppliers provide one-time use patches infused with a custom blend or single essential oils. We recommend these over reusable, refillable patches. Reusable, refillable patches are often difficult to refill and may leak and present hygiene concerns associated with their continued use.
All aromatherapy patches work in the same manner. They are infused with essential oils that once activated deliver the benefits of the single oil or essential oils blend. Those that work based on the oils being infused into a fabric layer are activated immediately upon removing the outer protective layer covering the patch. Others encapsulate essential oils beads which when crushed diffuse through the protective fabric and are activated upon contact with the air. Both are non-greasy to the touch and will not stain clothing or bedding.
Their application is either as a body patch or skin free (i.e., with application to clothing, pillow, furniture, etc.). Body patches should be tested for adverse skin reactions prior to use. Simply rub the patch on the inside of your elbow and apply a bandage. If you feel the the onset of any irritation or if any reaction occurs, immediately remove the bandage and carefully wash the area with mild soap and water. If no irritation occurs it is safe to use.
Check out Sina’s essential oils custom blend skin free patches (the Sina “Buttons”). Each Button Sheet contains 12 prediluted, ready-to-use custom blend essential oils patches designed to ensure you the best in safety and effectiveness. And each patch provides up to 12 hours relief.
Sina's "buttons" are available for Allergies and Sinus Congestion, Insomnia, Headache, Snoring, and Stress.
Sina Aromatherapy Patches (the Sina "Buttons")
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.
Also in News and Articles
Here’s an image of Sina’s ready-to-use custom blend Breathe Roll-on. At 10 ml, it’s the perfect size to keep in your bedside table or carry in your purse, store in your desk or care, or carry in your luggage for short or long trips (and it passes all airport security requirements for carry-on items).
Here’s an image of Sina’s ready-to-use custom blend Sleep Roll-on. At 10 ml, it’s the perfect size to keep in your bedside table or carry in your purse or luggage for short or long trips (and it passes all airport security requirements for carry-on items).
Here’s an image of Sina’s ready-to-use custom blend Headache Relief Roll-on. At 10 ml, it’s the perfect size to carry in your purse or keep in your drawer at work or in the car.